Glazed Cherry-Lime Pound Cakes
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime zest, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pitted fresh cherries
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Garnish: fresh cherries
Adapted from pauladeenmagazine.com
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Spray 2 (9x5-inch) loaf pans with baking spray with flour.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and 1 tablespoon lime zest with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined; stir in sour cream. Stir in cherries. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
4. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, lime juice, and remaining 1 tablespoon lime zest; drizzle onto cakes before serving. Garnish with cherries, if desired.
You'll also love
- Panko Crusted Oven Fried Haddock 0/5 (0 Votes)
- SLOW COOKER HONEY ROSEMARY PORK... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herb Butter Salmon and Asparagus... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Summer Squash (InstantPot) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jamie Oliver's Peach & Prosciutto... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Applebee's copycat cranberry rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Slab Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PINK LEMONADE VODKA SLUSH 0/5 (0 Votes)