Shrimp And Potatoes With Garlic And Saffron
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes quartered
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 3/8 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 12 large garlic cloves minced
- 3 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined (abt 10 to 12 per lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 package frozen baby peas - (10 oz) thawed
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram crumbled
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cook potatoes in large saucepan of boiling water until just tender. Drain. Combine wine and saffron in small bowl.
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-low-heat. Add garlic and saute until just beginning to color, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp and hot pepper flakes; increase heat to medium-high and stir to coat shrimp with oil. Add tomato paste and wine mixture. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cook until shrimp are just tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer shrimp to bowl, using slotted spoon.
Add potatoes to skillet and boil until liquid thickens to sauce consistency, about 6 minutes. Return shrimp and any juices in bowl to skillet. Mix in peas and marjoram and heat through. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.