Coconut Rice Pudding
- 2 c. reduced fat milk
- 2/3 c. basmati rice
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 (14 oz) cans light unsweetened coconut milk, divided
1. Combine 1st 4 ingredients in heavy large saucepan. Stir in 1 can coconut milk. Bring just to simmer over med-high heat; stirring occasionally.
2. Reduce heat to very low and simmer gently, uncovered, until pudding is thick and rice is very tender, stirring occasionally during first 45 minutes of cooking then stirring often during last 15 minutes (about 1 hour total).
3. Stir in second can of coconut milk (or only 1/2 if you prefer a thicker texture).
4. Transfer rice pudding to bowl; press plastic wrap directly on surface and chill until cold, at least 4 hours.