- 1 1/2 pounds veal or pork sausages
- 3/4 pound sweet Italian sausages
- 4 onions sliced
- 2 bell peppers chopped
- 6 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound boiling potatoes peeled, cubed
- 1 can stewed tomatoes - (16 oz)
- 1 can chicken broth - (14 1/2 oz)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 package frozen green beans - (10 oz)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried basil crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram crumbled
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Heat heavy 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook until brown, turning occasionally, about 30 minutes. Transfer sausages to plate; cool slightly. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
Remove all but 2 tablespoons fat from saucepan. Add onions to saucepan and saute over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Add bell peppers and garlic and continue cooking until bell peppers just begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
Pour in wine and boil 1 minute. Add potatoes, tomatoes, broth and tomato paste. Simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in green beans, sausages and herbs. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Add all cheeses and stir.
This recipe yields 6 servings.