Lime Pound Cake
Moist and delicious, this tropical pound cake has a luscious lime glaze. Serve this up during the summer and enjoy it on a hot day by the pool.
- 1 3/4cups1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2teaspoon1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4teaspoon3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2sticks2 sticks (8-ounce) butter at room temperature
- 1cup1 cup sugar
- 5large5 large eggs at room temperature
- lime zest 1 tablespoon
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/41/4 sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 65mins
Heat oven to 350°F.
Coat a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with spray oil.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and whisk to mix set aside.
Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat butter at medium speed until creamy and smooth about 1 minute.
Add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy about 4 minutes more scraping sides down.
Add 1 egg at a time beating well after each one.
Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture a little at a time. Do NOT over mix
fold in lime zest spread in prepared pan.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes till toothpick comes out clean in the center.
Make glaze combine lime juice and sugar stirring until sugar is dissolved.
Cool pound cake before pouring glaze over the top or brushing over top.
You'll also love
- Best Banana Bread 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Ground Beef, Bacon and Baked Beans... 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Olive Garden Salad Dressing 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Breasts... 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Broccoli Crustless Quiche 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate-Hazelnut... 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Lemon Orzo Salad w/ Asparagus &... 4.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Pie 4.7/5 (26 Votes)