- Apple Cider Glaze:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Greek Seasoning Blend and Pork:
- Vegetable oil, for oiling and drizzling
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon powder
- Large pinch salt
- Large pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pork loin steaks, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
For the apple cider glaze: Combine the brown sugar, vinegar and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and reserve.
For the Greek seasoning blend and pork: Oil a grill pan and place over medium heat.
Put the oregano, garlic powder, thyme, dill, beef bouillon powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Drizzle some oil over the pork and sprinkle the seasoning blend on all sides of the meat. Add the pork steaks to the grill pan and grill until cooked to medium, 7 to 10 minutes. Brush the apple cider glaze over the pork in the last couple minutes of cooking.
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. It has not been tested for home use.
Recipe courtesy of Mike Brooks