2002 Twice-Baked Acorn Squash
Of all the winter squashes, acorn is my favorite and this side dish won't disappoint - it's delicious!
- 2 medium acorn squash (1 1/2-pounds each)
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 10 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash upside down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes or until tender. Scoop out squash, leaving a 1/4-inch shell.
In a large bowl, combine the squash pulp, spinach, bacon, 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, green onion, butter, salt and cayenne.
Spoon into shells. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown.
You'll also love
- Turkey Portobello Pizza 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spinach-Artichoke Strata 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Pork Spareribs, Raspberry 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Spicy Tomato Beef & Kale 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Springtime Asparagus, Strawberry,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Easy Blender Salsa 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Southwestern Roasted Butternut... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Stewed Squash 4.7/5 (3 Votes)