- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large onions thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions, bell peppers and rosemary and saute until onions and bell pepper are very tender, about 40 minutes. Mix in vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
This recipe yields 6 servings.