Irish Potato Cakes
Looking for a good recipe that utilizes left over mashed potatoes? Try these delicious Irish Potato Cake, they make the perfect breakfast and or snack.
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Combine 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes, a heaping 1/3 cup flour, 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon chopped mixed herbs in a bowl; knead until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 balls on a floured surface and flatten each into a 3-inch patty.
Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the patties and cook until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes per side, adding more butter to the pan as needed. Season with salt.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Lettuce... 4.6/5 (101 Votes)
- Butterfinger Cookie Dough... 4.5/5 (106 Votes)
- Queso Blanco Dip 4.5/5 (108 Votes)
- Pasta, Chicken, & Broccoli Bake 4.5/5 (105 Votes)
- Best Shrimp Dish Ever 4.2/5 (141 Votes)
- Loaded Mashed Potatoe Casserole 4.5/5 (103 Votes)
- Cheesy Bacon Potato Nachos 4.5/5 (100 Votes)
- Best Homemade Potato Salad 4.6/5 (94 Votes)