My Mom’s Muffins
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed/flaxseed Meal
- 1 cup Regular Oats
- 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, Roughly Chopped
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 whole Banana, Peeled And Mashed With A Fork
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- Extra Buttermilk As Needed For Thinning
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Thoroughly grease a 12-count muffin pan.
In a large bowl, combine flours, flaxseed meal, oats, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, walnuts, and raisins. Stir together until combined.
In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, egg, banana, applesauce and molasses.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring until it just barely comes together. Batter should be wet and sticky; if needed, splash in a couple extra tablespoons of buttermilk.
Scoop 1/4 cup helpings into the muffin cups and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until deep golden brown.
Serve with softened butter and jelly if you're a rebel like me.