BROWN SUGAR PORK CHOPS w/ garlic and herbs
- 2 pork chops on bone, 1" thick
- 2 TBS oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic- chopped
- 1/2 tap dried oregano
- 1/2 tap thyme
- 2 TBS butter
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Oven 400 degrees
1. Oven proof skillet - heat oil
2. Pork chops dry and season w/ S&P
3. Sear chops on each side for 3" and remove from pan
4. Remove skillet from heat, add brown sugar through butter, combine.
5. Return chops to skillet and coat w/ sauce on each side.
6. Transfer skillet to oven and roast the pork until cooked to 140, about 6-8". Remove from oven. Let sit 5" and spoon sauce over pork.