Chile Jam Chicken With Daphne Oz Caramelized Sweet Potatoes and Peaches Serves 2
- 4 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp chile jam (some of my favorites: Hell Fire Pepper Jelly from Jenkins Jellies or INNA Jam’s Plenty Spicy Jalapeno for heat seekers)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Serve with Caramelized Sweet Potatoes and Peaches
Pat the chicken dry and season both sides liberally with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and arrange the chicken thighs insides (cast iron works really well to get a nice crispy crust). Brown the chicken on one side, giving the chicken time to unstick itself from the pan surface and form a good, crispy coating, about 10 minutes (you can give it some help with your tongs or spatula if needed). Flip the chicken thighs and brown for 6-10 minutes, or until you can insert a knife to the bones and clear liquid emerges.
Lower heat to medium-low and spoon a quarter of the chile jam over each thigh. Melt the jam over the chicken and on all sides, using tongs to flip and swirl the thighs in the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes to allow the jam to form a glaze. Remove the thighs to a serving plate and spoon the glaze on top. Scrape up any bits sticking to the bottom of the pan – these will be the crispiest and the first to go!
Just before serving, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the chicken to brighten its flavors and heighten the sweetness and spice. Serve with Caramelized Sweet Potatoes and Peaches.
You'll also love
- Baked Shrimp in Cream Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bailey's Pumpkin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jimmy's Favorite Garlic Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Crispies Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple and other fruit Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ham, Peas and Potato Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PEACH CRUNCH CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach Jalapeno Jelly 0/5 (0 Votes)