Shut The Door Cornbread Salad
- 1 recipe cornbread
- 1 can niblets corn
- 1 can ranch beans, chili beans or kidney beans
- 1/2 cup sweet onion diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 5-6 slices bacon fried crisp
- 1 pkg ranch dressing mix blended with 1 cup mayonnaise and 1 cup sour cream.
Adapted from pinterest.com
Take 1/2 cornbread and cut in cubes. Place in the bottom of a tall trifle dish or a big glass salad bowl. A clear bowl because the layers show. Drain the beans well and put over the cornbread layer. Next put half the onion and half the green pepper. Pour half the dressing over this layer. Cut the rest of the cornbread in cubes and do another layer of cornbread.
Drain corn well and put it over this layer. Sprinkle the rest of the onion and green pepper over this. Finish the top with the rest of the ranch dressing mix, the grated cheese and the bacon crumbled. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours before serving. This is best made early in the day and refrigerated for several hours to blend the flavors. I wouldn't make it the day before though because it could get soggy.