Baked Greek Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
- olive oil
- 3 large shallots diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 pounds large ripe tomatoes (or if tomatoes are not in season, large can of diced tomatoes drained)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 T. roughly chopped mint
Put 4 T olive oil in large skilled and add shallots and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cooked until softened about 5 to 8 minutes. Lower heat if necessary to keep from browning. Remove from heat while preparing tomatoes.
Fill saucepan with water and bring to boil. Add whole tomatoes, cook for about 2 minutes until skins loosen. Remove and plunge into bowl of cold water to cool, then drain. Core and skin tomatoes. Cut into thick wedges.
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Return skillet to stove over medium high heat. Add tomato wedges and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook until tomatoes have softened and transfer to shallow baking dish.
Put shrimp in mixing bowl. Add 1 T. olive oil, season with salt and pepper and stir. Arrange shrimp over tomato mixture in one layer. Crumble cheese over top and sprinkle with oregano.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes until tomatoes are bubbling and cheese has browned slightly. Remove from oven, rest 5 minutes, garnish with mint.
You'll also love
- Country Style Pork Ribs Electric... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Pie by Lemon Tree... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- BRAIDED APPLE WALNUT STRUDEL 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- PORK CHOPS, CABBAGE, POTATO... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Wilted Spinach Salad with grilled... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- APPETIZER - Creamed Salmon on Toast 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey meatballs in tomato sauce... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- ENGLISH MUFFIN CRAB APPETIZERS 5/5 (1 Votes)