Butternut Squash Soup w/ Apples
- 5 tbsp butter
- 6 cups, cubed butternut squash
- 1 cu dark brown sugar
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 5 cu water
- 1 cu apple cider
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp dryed sage leaves
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2/3 cu heavy cream
- 2/3 cu sour cream
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
1. Melt butter in large heavy saucepan over med-high heat.
2. Saute squash and brown sugar, stirring occasionally until slightly softened, 15 min.
3. Add apples, water, cider, salt, cinnamin, sage, and cloves and bring to a boil.
4. reduce heat, cover and simmer until apples are tender, 30 min, cool slightly.
5. Working in batches, puree soup in blender. Return soup to pan and stirr in heavy cream.
6. Divide among 6 bowles and top each with about 1 tbsp of sour cream.
7. Dust w/ nutmeg.