Lemon And Anise Sugar Twists
- Sugar as needed
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry thawed (half of 17 1/2-oz package)
- 1 egg beaten with
- 1 teaspoon milk for glaze
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons aniseed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle work surface with sugar. Set pastry atop sugar and roll out to thickness of 1/8-inch. Brush with egg glaze.
Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and lemon peel in small bowl. Sprinkle over pastry. Sprinkle with aniseed. Cut pastry crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips.
Pick up each pastry strip, twist several times and place on ungreased cookie sheet, pressing ends onto sheet. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 20 minutes. Cool pastries on rack.
This recipe yields 12 twists.
You'll also love
- Hot Artichoke And Tarragon Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gingered Fish And Watercress Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlicky Eggplant Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Frozen Boysenberry And White... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fresh Fruit Tart With Boysenberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate-Orange Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon-Anise Pirquettes 0/5 (0 Votes)