Baked Mushroom Topped Brie
- 1/2 lb fresh sliced Mushrooms (white or crimini) 250 g
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onions 125 mL
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts 50 mL
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced 1
- 1/2 tsp Each dried thyme, rosemary and pepper 2 mL
- 1 tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar 15 mL
- 1 (200g) wheel cold Brie cheese 1
- 2 tbsp finely minced fresh parsley or chives (optional) 25 mL
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 60mins
Finely chop mushrooms, onions, walnuts and garlic, thyme, rosemary and pepper in food processor.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushroom mixture for 5-7 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated. Stir in vinegar and cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature; cover and chill.
At serving time slice the wheel of Brie in half horizontally and place cut side up on oven -proof serving plate or baking pan. Spoon the topping evenly on cut surfaces of Brie. Bake in 350ºF/180 ºC oven for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is beginning to melt. Sprinkle parsley or chives on top to garnish if desired. Serve with thinly sliced whole wheat baguette or plain crackers.