Broccolini with Crispy lemon crumbs
- 2 slices of white bread, torn
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt
- 2 bunches Broccolini(8oz. each), ends trimmed
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, very finely chopped
Cooking time 30mins
1, In a food processor, pulse the white bread until large crumbs form.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the bread crumbs and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly until golden. Remove from heat. Stir in crushed red pepper, lemon zest and season with salt. Transfer the crumbs to a plate to cool. Wipe out skillet.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add Broccolini and cook till crisp tender about 3 minutes, drain well, shaking off excess water and pat dry.
4.In a large skillet, heat olive oil to shimmering, add the shallot and cook over medium heat, stirring, until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Add the Broccolini, season lightly with salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned in spots about 4 minutes. transfer the Broccolini to a serving platter and sprinkle lemony bread crumbs on top.
5. Serve immediately
NOTE: The lemon crumbs can be stored in a airtight container at room temperature for 2 days
You'll also love
- Baked Shrimp in Cream Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bailey's Pumpkin Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Jimmy's Favorite Garlic Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Crispies Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple and other fruit Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cream of Crab Broccoli Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Golden Lemon Cheese Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asiago Cheese & Broccoli Bake 0/5 (0 Votes)