W30: Zucchini Waffles
- ZUCCHINI WAFFLES
- Ingredients, makes 6
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about one medium zucchini)
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (almond flour)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
Preheat the waffle iron.
In a food processor or blender, pulse the zucchini, eggs, coconut oil and milk until smooth.
Add the baking soda, spices, coconut flour and almond flour and pulse until well blended.
Add the honey, if you’re using it, and incorporate well.
Pour a spoonful into each waffle iron, and bake according to waffle maker instructions.
Serve as a breakfast waffle with your favourite toppings or serve as sandwich bread.
I ate mine with some “raw” camembert cheese, tomatoes, and wild greens.