Double Cheeseburger Bread Bowl
- 1 sourdough loaf
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced and sauteed
- 1 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms, sauteed
- 1/2 cup packed spinach
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from mtstandard.com
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/180˚F.
2. In a circular cake pan, add the ground beef and season with garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and salt and mix to combine. Press the beef into patty form and bake for 12 minutes. Repeat this process for the second patty.
3. Slice off the top of the sourdough loaf and scoop out the inside.
4. Begin by laying down slices of cheese at the bottom, then add your first burger patty.
5. Layer more cheese on top of the patty and continue by adding bacon, sauteed mushrooms & onions, spinach, and tomato.
6. Add a second burger patty and repeat step 5.
7. Place the top of the loaf back on the bread and wrap in aluminum foil.
8. On a level surface, use a heavy object to press the sandwich down for at least 30 minutes.
9. Remove aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.