MOLASSES RUM GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH GRILLED GREEN AND RED ONIONS
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) of molasses
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) of spiced rum
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of your favourite hot sauce
- 2 pork tenderloins (each 8 to 12 ounces/250 to 375 g), trimmed and patted dry
- 2 large red onions, thickly sliced
- 4 green onions
- A good drizzle of olive oil
- A sprinkle or two of salt and lots of freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Stir the molasses, rum, mustard, soy sauce, allspice, and hot sauce together. Place the pork in a resealable plastic bag, then pour in the marinade. Massage with your fingers, evenly distributing the flavour. Marinate for at least 1 hour or refrigerate overnight for maximum flavour.
Prepare and preheat your grill to its highest setting.
Arrange the red onions on a baking sheet, carefully keeping the rings intact. Lay the green onions next to each other on the same sheet. Drizzle them all lightly with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper to your taste.
Remove the tenderloins from the marinade, discarding the marinade. Place the tenderloins diagonally across the grates of the grill. Grill, turning once or twice, until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads between 160°F and 170°F (70°C to 75°C), 15 to 20 minutes.Transfer the pork to a serving platter, loosely tent with foil, and let rest for a few minutes, giving it a chance to reabsorb its juices.
Meanwhile, carefully position the green onions perpendicular to the grates, and carefully place the red onions next to them. Grill until lightly browned, about 10 minutes on each side.
Slice the pork and arrange on plates or a platter. Scatter both kinds of onions over the sliced pork. Serve and share!
You'll also love
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Sesame Green Beans 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Balsamic Grilled Steak Salad with... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Potato & Red Onion Frittata 5/5 (5 Votes)
- 30 Minute Cheesy Bacon Spinach... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Polenta With... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Marinated Grilled Pork Tenderloin 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin 4.7/5 (29 Votes)