Creamy Garlic Vinaigrette
This is the real thing - vinaigrette that begins with lots of roasted garlic! Add some sweet honey and kicky Tabasco, and you have a memorable addition.
- 15 medium unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Set garlic on a sheet of foil, drizzle with olive oil and wrap up. Roast 30 minutes, until soft.
When cool enough to handle, squeeze garlic from its skin into a blender. Purée with the vinegar, water, mustard, mayonnaise, honey, Worcestershire and Tabasco.
Slowly add canola oil and purée until creamy.
Season with salt and pepper and serve.