IP Shepards Pie
- 4 russet baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- salt, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic power
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1 c chopped mushrooms
- 1 c beef broth
- 3 TBSP flour
- 1 c cheddar cheese
Adapted from thispilgrimlife.com
1. Combine potatoes, 1 c water and 1 tsp salt in the IP. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Drain the potatoes and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add 1 egg, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder and 2 TBSP butter into potatoes. Mash the potato mixture with a masher, or whip with a hand mixer.
2. In the now-empty IP, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes until it begins to brown. Add the carrots/peas, mushrooms and 1 tsp each salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Mix together beef broth and flour in a small measuring cup, then pour the broth mixture into the I" and stir to combine again.
3. Top the beef mixture with the mashed potatoes and smooth the top of the potatoes with a spatula. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
4. Quick release the pressure. Immediately top with shredded cheese and serve