Croissant French Toast
- 2/3 cup half-and-half or milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 day-old croissants halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter - (1/4 stick)
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
Whisk first 8 ingredients in medium bowl. Add croissants to egg batter and turn until thoroughly coated.
Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add croissants and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Sift powdered sugar over. Serve with maple syrup.
This recipe yields 4 servings.