Jacques Pépin Orange Soufflé Crêpes
You'll love these sweet crêpes filled with orange soufflé for an extra special breakfast or dessert! Light and airy, enjoy these right out of the oven!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/4 Cup milk PLUS
- 1/4 Cup +/-milk
- Soufflé Filling:
- Butter to grease oven proof pan
- 1 cup granulated sugar plus extra for dusting baking pan
- 5 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Powdered sugar
- Grand Marnier (Optional)
Adapted from 1x57.com
Melt butter in a skillet
While the butter is melting, combine flour, eggs, sugar, salt, and 1/4 cup milk.
Whisk until smooth and thick.
Add enough milk to make a thin batter. Add the melted butter.
Ladle some of the batter into the skillet. Quickly turn the skillet to coat the pan with the batter.
Cook for about 1 minute, at least on one side. When you see it is golden, flip it over to cook for a little bit longer. Remove from pan.
Repeat for each crêpe.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Grease an ovenproof pan with butter then sprinkle with sugar and shake to cover butter.
Whip eggs whites until firm peaks form.
Add 1 cup sugar and orange zest to peaked whites and mix.
Place crêpes on prepared baking dish and ladle filling onto each crêpe. Fold each crêpe once and dust with powdered sugar.
Bake about 10 minutes.
Dust lightly with more powdered sugar and drizzle lightly with Grand Marnier, if desired.
You'll also love
- Crepes Suzette 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Chicken and Asparagus Crepes 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Broccoli Corn Bread (Weight... 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- KFC's Mashed Potatoes And Gravy 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Bob's Big Boy Secret Sauce 3.7/5 (42 Votes)
- Grilled Orange Roughy 3.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce Bread 2.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Strawberry Pound Cake 3.9/5 (31 Votes)