Fresh Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
Is it a pie? Is it a cheesecake? It's both! The traditional pie crust is filled with a luscious cheesecake filling and crowned with blueberry topping.
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- BLUEBERRY TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated (Optional)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Slowly and gently unroll crust.
Place in ungreased 9 inch pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom. Fold excess crust under and press together to form thick crust edge; flute.
Line crust with 10 inch parchment paper or foil circle. Fill bottom of crust to about 1/2 inch deep with metal or ceramic pie beans. (Use rice or dry beans if you don’t have pie beans.)
Bake 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to 375°F.
Remove parchment paper and beans from crust.
Return crust to oven. Bake an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until bottom looks dry and is just starting to turn light brown.
In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with electric mixer on medium-high speed just until blended. Pour into prepared crust.
Cover edge of crust with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is set but center still jiggles slightly when moved.
Cool 1 hour at room temperature.
In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan mix sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
Stir in water, lemon juice and optional lemon peel until smooth.
Stir in 1 cup blueberries.
Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 2 minutes or until thickened and most of the berries have popped.
Stir in remaining 1 cup blueberries.
Spread blueberry mixture over cooled cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Wick's Sugar Cream Pie 3.9/5 (204 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Tilapia 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Grilled Avocados 4.5/5 (80 Votes)
- Applesauce Walnut Cake w/Cake Mix 3.7/5 (153 Votes)
- Ho Ho Cake 4.3/5 (100 Votes)
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Muffins 4.5/5 (78 Votes)
- Pecan Pie Cobbler 4.1/5 (119 Votes)