- 1 large clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 can Mex tomatoes
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium jalapeño, seeds and veins removed OR 1 can chipotle peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- NO MORE than 3/4 - 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 heaping cup long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Red Pepper flakes
Simmer garlic, peppers and onions in oil.. Add 1 cup canned diced tomatoes and 1 teaspoon ground cumin and salt. Then stir in 3/4 cup hot chicken or veggie broth. Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes.
In pressure cooker 18 min; 6 rest.