Single Serving Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 firmly packed TBS dark brown sugar
- 1 TBS granulated sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 heaping tablespoons of semisweet chocolate chips
Adapted from number-2-pencil.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, heat butter just until it starts to melt and is softened. Blend softened butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla together by hand.
3. Add egg yolk and stir again.
4. Add baking soda and flour and stir until combined.
5. Then stir in chocolate chips.
6. Form cookie dough into two balls and place on baking sheet.
7. The cookies will spread during baking, so make sure they are several inches apart.
8. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
9. Remove baking sheet from oven and give the baking sheet a firm, but careful bang on the counter top. This will deflate the cookie and give it a perfect wrinkly appearance.
Makes 2 cookies.