Northern Alabama White BBQ Country Pork Ribs
The gentle zing of the northern Alabama bbq accents the braised pork ribs very nicely. The kids loved it too.
- 1 cup Ivory White BBQ sauce (divided)
- 2 tbs butter
- 5-6 1.5 in thick Boneless Pork Country Ribs
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
1) Put about 3/4 cup of the Ivory BBQ sauce into a bag and marinate the ribs for at least 4 hrs.
2) Heat a sauté pan to very hot (like almost smoking)
3) Place the pork (should have some sauce sticking to it) into the pan against the edges and sear on all 4 side. About 2-4 mins a side? (took me a while... I didn't time it)
4) once all sides are seared lower the heat to Med and cover for about 5 minutes
5) once about half way cooked, add the butter and return to high heat. The butter will melt and every so often spoon it over the meat (braise it)
6) once cooked through (I'd guess 5 minutes?) turn off the heat and leaving the pork in the pan, drizzle the remaining Ivory BBQ sauce over it. Cover and let sit for 2-5 minutes
When plating make sure you include any browned bits of the sauce. Server over rice or noodles.
For the sauce, I used store bought sauce:
NOTE: Much cheaper at the local market
You can make your own as well: