- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter - (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package devil's food cake mix - (18.25 oz)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 package instant chocolate fudge pudding mix (4 oz)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package chocolate chips - (12 oz)
- Powdered sugar as needed
Combine first 4 ingredients in heavy small saucepan. Stir over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Increase heat and boil 2 minutes. Cool completely.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 10-cup bundt pan. Using electric mixer, beat cake mix and next 8 ingredients until well blended, about 3 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until toothpick inserted near center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 1 hour. Immediately spoon sugar and butter mixture over cake in pan. Let cake stand 30 minutes.
Turn cake out onto platter and cool completely. Sprinkle top with powdered sugar and serve.
This recipe yields 10 servings.