Chicken With White Wine And Garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms - (abt 3 oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 whole boneless chicken breast - (abt 12 oz) halved
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and saute until mushrooms begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to plate; keep warm.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until brown on both sides, turning once, about 6 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice to skillet and continue cooking until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 2 minutes.
Place chicken atop mushrooms. Drizzle chicken with pan juices. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings.