Chipotle Maple-Seared Salmon with Avocado-Apple Chutney
TIP: Slow-roasting salmon at a lower temperature produces a more tender salmon.
- Avocado-Apple Chutney
- 1 medium sized jewel yam, cooked but still firm, peeled and diced
- 1 ripe, but firm avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small Gala apple, unpeeled, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp minced red onion
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds, optional
- Chipotle Maple-Seared Salmon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce (use 2 if you want it a little spicier.)
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- generous pinches of salt and pepper to taste
- 4 x 4 oz (125g) salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 green onions, chopped
To make Chutney:
In a large bowl, combine cooked yam, avocado, apple, cilantro and onion. Gently toss. In a small bowl, combine juice, oil and adobo sauce. Stir to blend. Drizzle over yam mixture. Gently toss to coat. Add seasonings to taste. Cover and refrigerate until use. Gently mix in pumpkin seeds just before putting over cooked salmon if desired.
For the Salmon:
Preheat oven to 275. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Combine olive oil, maple syrup, chipotle, lime juice and zest, garlic, cumin salt and pepper in a blender and whirl until smooth.
Place salmon fillets 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet and dollop with chipotle mixture. Gently spread to coat. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and is almost opaque in the centre.
Remove and let rest for a couple of minutes. Serve with the chutney spread over top. Excellent with potatoes, rice or quinoa.
You'll also love
- Apple Crumble Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck sauce/Bread crumb 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic grilled cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Beer and Butter Shrimp... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- FRESH STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fish breading 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apfel Mürbeteig - German Apple Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)