Cod En Papillote
Outrageously delicious, plus a whole list of ways to describe insanely good still doesn’t cover just how perfectly seasoned and cooked this Cod En Papillote turns out. Simply wrapped in a parchment paper envelope then baked in the oven, paired with vegetables or not, and the end result is nothing short of amazing!
- 2 (4 to 6-ounce) cod fillets
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 stalk leek, julienned
- 1 cup fennel, finely cut, plus 2 to 3 fronds per fillet
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced into at least 6 slices
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bakeitwithlove.com
Preheat your oven to 375°F. Place a sheet of parchment paper (rectangle, about the size of the baking sheet) with the curled sides down on the baking sheet.
Place the first half of the sliced leek, carrots, fennel, and fronds in the center of the parchment paper sheet, then place a cod fillet on top of the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and top with 3 thin slices of lemon.
Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil around the cod and vegetables, then place a second sheet of parchment paper over the top of everything (cod and vegetables) roughly matching the size of the base sheet of parchment paper.
Fold the first corner in a triangular shape toward the center, then make progressive smaller triangular folds working one direction (either clockwise or counter-clockwise) until you reach the beginning point of your folds.
Press down on the folds with something heavy (I grabbed my bottle of olive oil as it was nearby) all the way around the envelope. Repeat with your second half of the vegetables and the second cod fillet (or however many fillets you are preparing).
Place in the preheated oven and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and either open and carefully remove the entire stack of vegetables and cod or serve in the envelope.
There will be a large amount of steam released when opened, slit the top open first to release the steam or open a side first.
You'll also love
- Mussels With Tomato & White Wine... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Skillet-Toasted Gnocchi with Peas 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Deep-Fried Cheesecake Bites 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Dale's New England Clam Chowder 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Smoky Bacon BBQ Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Dijon Salmon 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Low Carb Cheddar Tuna Cakes 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Raspberry Ribbon Cheesecake 4.5/5 (14 Votes)