Best-Ever Crab Cakes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked
- 2/3 cup panko
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons butter
Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Gently stir in crab, panko, and parsley. Shape mixture into 12 (3-inch) patties, pressing gently to flatten. Place patties on a baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 6 patties to pan; cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove crab cakes from pan; repeat with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter and remaining 6 patties.