Sweet and Hot Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup Agave, or Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp coarse or stone ground French Mustard – see note below
- 1 Garlic clove – minced
- 1/2 tsp Sambal Oelek or other favorite hot sauce
Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together together, or blend together in a blender.
Note on mustard – I had a coarsely ground mustard that I tried and really liked with these recipes. We have about 5 different varieties of mustard in our fridge and most would have worked well. I would not have used our Pommery mustard (very vinegary) or a common yellow mustard (not sure how that even got into our fridge? ; ) but the Dijon, wild or other mustards would work well. A Dijon or other smoother grained mustard would work as an emulsifier and so the sauce would not separate when whisked or blended together, which would be nice as well. I considered it, close.
I liked the grain and texture of the sauce how I made it and would make it this way again. Have fun experimenting. Start with what you have on hand. The hot (sambal), sour (lemon) sweet (agave) and savory (mustard-garlic) give a wonderful flavor together that excited the taste buds and work very well together.
You'll also love
- Jimmy's Favorite Garlic Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cube steak over egg noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Crispies Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed corn, bacon, and scallions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple and other fruit Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- EVERCRISP LIME PICKLES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Redskin Potatoes with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemongrass-Honey Glaze 0/5 (0 Votes)