Banana-Macadamia Nut Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas - (abt 3 large)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar - (firmly packed)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter - (1 stick) melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts toasted, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease twelve muffin cups or line with muffin papers.
Sift first 4 ingredients into large bowl. Combine bananas, both sugars, butter, milk and egg in medium bowl. Mix into dry ingredients. Fold in half of nuts. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining macadamia nuts.
Bake until muffins are golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Transfer muffins to rack and cool.
This recipe yields 12 muffins.