Mussels With Tomato & White Wine Sauce
Fast and easy and oh so good. Serves 4 for an app or 2 for dinner...
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped (or almost whole can diced tomatoes)
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 2 lbs fresh mussels, well scrubbed and debearded crusty French bread
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a large saute pan or pot, melt the butter.
Add the onions, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes.
Add the garlic and tomatoes, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add the wine, parsley, and bring to a boil.
Add the mussels, cover, and cook until the shells have opened, about 4 minutes.
Remove from the heat and discard any shells that do not open.
Transfer to a large deep bowl and serve immediately. Make sure to have spoons available as this broth is good!
Use your nice crusty french bread for dipping.
You'll also love
- Skillet-Toasted Gnocchi with Peas 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast... 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Watermelon Infused Tequila 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Eggplant With Lamb, Tomato and... 4/5 (27 Votes)
- Dale's New England Clam Chowder 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Asian Roasted Carrots & Broccoli 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Summer Shrimp Salad 4.5/5 (11 Votes)