Paula Deen's Favorite Pulled Pork Sandwich
- 4 pounds bone-in, Bottom Butt pork roast
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can Sprite
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- hamburger buns and slaw (or preferred toppings) for serving
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Preparation time 20mins
In a small mixing bowl, combine dry spices.
Add pork butt to the crock of a large slow cooker. Pour can of Sprite or other lemon-lime soda, apple cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce on top of the pork.
Top with dry spices, salt and pepper, and brown sugar. Pat into the meat.
Cook on LOW 8-10 hours.
Carefully pour off the liquid in the crock pot. Remove the bone and shred the meat.
Pour entire bottle of BBQ sauce over shredded meat. Stir to combine.
Serve on a bun piled high, top with prepared coleslaw.