White Chocolate Chip And Cashew Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter - (2 sticks) room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups roasted unsalted cashews - (abt 7 1/2 oz) chopped
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Sift first 4 ingredients into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and molasses in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix in dry ingredients. Add cashews and chocolate chips. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool completely. (Can be prepared 1 week ahead. Store in airtight container.)
This recipe yields about 3 dozen.