Ribeye Steaks/Blue Cheese Butter & Mushrooms
- For the Blue Cheese Butter:
- Ribeye steaks and portabello mushrooms are grilled and served with a compound butter.
- Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff, BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com
- Total recipe time: 35 to 40 minutes
- Makes: 8 servings
- 4 beef ribeye steaks, boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium portabello mushrooms, stems removed (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped rehydrated sun-dried
- tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Combine garlic, thyme and pepper; press evenly onto beefsteaks. Set aside.
Brush mushrooms with oil. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange mushrooms around steaks. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill mushrooms until tender, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, combine Blue Cheese Butter ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To serve, spread Blue Cheese Butter over steaks. Coarsely chop mushrooms; divide evenly among eight plates. Carve steaks into slices; arrange evenly over mushrooms. Season with salt, as desired. Garnish with parsley, if desired.