Best French Fries
These are so simple and good! Enjoy!
- 2 pound Yukon gold potatoes
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Kosher salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
On a cutting board, cut the potatoes lengthwise into 1⁄3-inch square matchsticks and transfer to a large bowl of cold water. Using your fingers, agitate the potatoes until the water turns cloudy, then drain off the water and refill the bowl with more cold water. Repeat this process until the water remains clear, then spread the potatoes out in an even layer on paper towels and dry thoroughly. Let the potatoes air-dry for 10 minutes.
Pour enough oil into a 6-qt. Dutch oven to come 2 inches up the side, attach a deep-fry thermometer, and heat to 340°F. Working in batches, add the fries to the oil and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost tender and lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fries to paper towels and let rest for 20 minutes.
Working in small batches again, return the fries to 340° oil and fry until dark golden brown and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fries to paper towels to drain. Season with salt while hot, and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 4.5/5 (495 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.4/5 (428 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)
- Garlic Oven Fries 4.6/5 (81 Votes)
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potato Fries 5/5 (7 Votes)