Korean-Style Pork and Rice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 12 ounces lean ground pork
- 3/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons gochujang sauce (such as Annie Chun's)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 (8.8-oz.) pkg. precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 lime wedges
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Heat oil in a large skillet over high. Add pork; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add white onion, 1/4 cup green onions, and garlic; cook 4 minutes. Add 1/3 cup water; cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/2 cup green onions, gochujang, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
Heat rice according to directions.
Place 1/2 cup pork mixture and 3/4 cup rice in each of 4 bowls; top with cilantro, vinegar, and lime wedges.