Cajun Shrimp in Foil
- 1 tablespoon cajun or creole seasoning
- 24 ( 1 pound ) cleaned large shrimp ( used raw frozen shrimp )
- 3 ounces fully cooked Turkey/ Chicken Andouille sausage very thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini slice 1/4 thick
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels ( used frozen )
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine ( I used cooking wine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
In a medium bowl, combine the cajun or creole seasoning, salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
Place 4 large pieces of heavy duty foil on a flat surface.
Divide the sausage, zucchini, bell peppers and corn among the foil. Top with shrimp, sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of parsley and 1 tablespoon of basil.
Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of the wine and 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil. Fold each piece of foil to form a packet, sealing tightly and leaving room inside for circulation. ( maybe refrigerated or frozen at this point )
To cook, pre heat 425. Arrange packets on a baking sheet and cook until the shrimp is cooked through and vegetables are crisp tender, about 13 minutes. ( I cooked about 30 minutes ) Open the packets slowly careful of hot steam.
Transfer shrimp and veggies and sauce that has accumulated to individual bowls or plates..
To freeze and heat..Place uncooked packets into sealable plastic bags, keeping them level and upright. Freeze for up to 2 months, no need to thaw before cooking. Place frozen packets on baking sheet in cold oven and set 425 once oven is heated cook an additional 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (140 Votes)