Vegetable And Wild Rice Salad
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 small bunch broccoli cut into florets
- 6 asparagus spears cut 1" pieces
- 4 ounces green beans cut 1" pieces
- 2 carrots peeled, sliced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Bring broth to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Stir in rice. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender, about 1 hour.
Meanwhile, cook broccoli, asparagus, green beans and carrots in large pot of rapidly boiling water until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well.
Transfer rice to serving dish. Arrange vegetables atop rice. Sprinkle with tomato and cheese. Combine olive oil and vinegar in small bowl; whisk to blend. Drizzle over salad. Season with salt and pepper. Toss thoroughly and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.