- 16 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups diced eggplant
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1/2 cup canned unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium marinara sauce (such as Dell'Amore), divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. torn fresh basil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces preshredded Italian 5-cheese blend (about 1 cup)
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add onion and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add eggplant and bell pepper; cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini, tomato, and chickpeas; cover and cook 4 minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in 1 cup marinara, 1/2 cup basil, black pepper, and salt.
Coat a 2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray. Spread remaining 3/4 cup marinara over bottom of dish. Spoon about 2 tablespoons vegetable mixture into each pasta shell. Arrange filled shells in dish; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 450°F for 12 minutes. Top with remaining 2 tablespoons basil.