Mustard- Roasted Fish
- 4 (8-ounce) fish fillets such as red snapper or talipia
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces creme fraiche (substitute sour cream if you can't find it)
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper (you can also use an ovenproof baking dish or foil).
Place the fish fillets skin side down on the sheet pan. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Combine the creme fraiche, 2 mustards, shallots, capers, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper in a small bowl. Spread the sauce over the fish fillets, making sure that the fish is completely covered.
(I lined the pan with spinach on the bottom of the fish for an extra fancy touch- optional)
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish, until its barely done. (the fish will flake easily at the thickest part when its done). Be sure not to overcook it! Serve hot or at room temperature with the sauce from the pan spooned over the top.