Skinny Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Incredible lightened-up chocolate chip muffins with fresh strawberries. Nearly fat-free and only 140 calories each!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2/3 cup diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from sallysbakingaddiction.com
Preheat oven to 350˚F degrees. Spray 10 muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, gently toss the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside. In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and applesauce until together until no brown sugar lumps remain - a fork works well to break up the brown sugar here. Add the beaten egg white until fully incorporated. Add the wet ingredients to the dry until just combined - do not overmix. Fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips.
Divide the batter evenly between 10 muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Muffins will be lightly golden in color and a toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean. Mine took about 17 minutes. Allow muffins to cool and enjoy!
Muffins stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for 7 days. Muffins can be frozen.
You'll also love
- Nacho Chorizo Dogs 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Chicken in Lemon-Caper Sauce -... 4.4/5 (78 Votes)
- baked summer squash - stuffed to... 4.6/5 (59 Votes)
- Evelyn's Baked Brie 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Ice Cream Bread 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Blueberry Crumble Coffee Cake 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Breakfast: Hash Brown Casserole... 4.3/5 (76 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Muffins 4.6/5 (54 Votes)