Caramel Apple Crumble Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup (2-sticks) butter, softened
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (1-stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caramel topping for drizzling after baked
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9x13-inch baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Pour over warm crust.
In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
For the streusel topping: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. I like to really combine it by using my clean hands to thoroughly combine the butter into the mixture.
Sprinkle Streusel topping over apples. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool. Serve cold