panera mac n cheese
mac n cheese
- 16 oz rigati pasta (I use shells)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 6 slices white american cheese sliced into thin strips
- 8 oz extra-sharp white Vermont cheddar shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
1. prepare pasta
2. in large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute, whisking constantly.
3. Gradualy whisk inmilk; cook over medium heat, whisking until mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat.
4. Add cheeses, mustard, salt, and hot sauce, stirring until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.
5. Stir in pasta and cook over medium heat for 1 minute or until heated