Overnight Strawberries and Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal (Slow Cooker)
- 2 cups steel cut oats (no substitution)
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups milk (author used almond milk)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups strawberries (divided)
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
- honey or maple syrup if desired
Preparation time 5mins
1. Mix oats, water, milk, 1 cup yogurt, 1 1/2 cups strawberries, cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt together in large slow cooker 9grease with coconut oil or spray for easier clean-up). Place lid on slow cooker and cook for 6 hours on low for firm texture and 8 hours on low for softer texture. Alternatively, cook on high for 3-4 hrs.
2. To serve, dish up oats and top with additional strawberries, a dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup if desired.